Which students receive Title I services?
- Services to children are based on the academic needs of individual children, not on the socioeconomic level of a child or his/her family.
- These students may be served:
- Migrant children
- Children with limited English proficiency
- Children who are homeless
- Children with disabilities
- Any child who is in academic need
What about accountability?
- Title I requires states to develop standards and assessments that will challenge students served by Title I programs to perform to high levels.
- Research suggests that high standards, when coupled with valid and reliable assessments and aligned support, can exert a powerful influence over what children are taught and how much they learn.