To Become a Substitute teacher for the School Town of Munster you will need to go to http://www.munster.us
Click on Departments and then click on the following:
1. Background check, follow the prompts. The background check takes about a week and you cannot be placed on the substitute teacher’s list without the background check completed.
2. Start an application for employment
3. Go to LVIS or http://www.doe.in.gov/educatorlicensing
and fill out the paperwork necessary to obtain your substitute Certificate.
4. Then call 219-836-9111 to set up a time to come in and complete the application.
Things you will need to bring with you:
• Copy of transcripts showing 60 credit hours, Copy or your Indiana Teaching certificate, or a copy of your degree if you are not an Indiana licensed teacher.
• I will need to make a copy of your driver’s license, social security card or passport for payroll.
Our payroll is strictly direct deposit, once you work you will need to come in and fill out a direct deposit form with a voided check so you can be paid.
If you have any further questions please contact Peggy Howarth at 219-836-9111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org